Friday, June 09, 2006

Snotty Rich People drive me nuts…


The key there is “snot”

I was elected as a treasurer of an organization.
The past treasurer rudely “disappeared”
With the books
The checks…
Everything.

I called one last time...
Sweet as sugar, I was…

I went to her house…
It was an estate...
A pool inside
To go with the pool outside
Marble
Elegant
Nice...

The “community volunteer”
(That is rich for “housewife”)
was an annoying bitchy woman.
She had the books spread across her desk
Obviously not reconciled for her whole tenure.

She made me drive with her to the bank
Because “Buffy” was waiting with the missing statements
I told her…All I need was her to sign a letter….

“No! Buffy will take care of us!”

Buffy was 98 lbs soaking wet
They knew each other from the “club”
Buffy was speechless…
As I handed her the already completed paperwork
That the Royal Bitch needed to sign…

We went back to the bitch’s house…
And I suffered as she painstakingly explained
The transactions on the account

The community volunteer
Who spent all day at the country club
Who cannot reconcile a bank account with a four digit balance
Who was probably beautiful at one point
Who thinks the world should bow to her
Who thinks she is better than me

Because her husband was stupid enough to marry her…..

4 Comments:

Blogger fellahere said...

oof. that would wear me out.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah now now! Buffy's my best friend. I was the treasurer of an organization too... lol.

But... hey, I don't have two pools though... that's a crock!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Ladyk73 said...

I ADORE community volunteers, I am one myself. :O)

One who vounteers should actually.... um...volunteer..

She was a deadbeat board member.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Spring, Ph.D. said...

I used to be the executive director of a nonprofit, and I really hated the 'dead weight' as we called it -- those who are on the board simply to put it on their society resume. They really made my job difficult. What sucked the most was that the other board members -- those who were there to really do something -- wound up having to take up the slack for the Buffy's.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


adopt your own virtual pet!