Monday, February 18, 2008

Overwhelming....

I find myself overwhelmed with school work. Some work with a questionable amount of usefulness. I find myself observing the curriculum and understanding the purpose behind it, and I sometimes see that the effects on the students are minimal.

Still, I am overwhelmed by the sheer amount of work required. Pages upon pages upon pages. I am so tired. I am possibly just getting too old for this. Almost 35, eh?

I am getting sick of being on campus. I go to school at a huge university, but I am bored with it. Perhaps it is because I went to undergrad here. Still, I wonder how my brother can live the life of academia. Maybe I just miss having a corner office.

I was just speaking to classmate who is doing a bs/msw. She is practically a senior in college. And......it shows. Not the maturity, or the smarts, or the coursework. Just the lack of experience. She talks of friends who still do not have jobs with degrees. I believe it. Why would you go to grad school to accept a $10 an hour job? Because the damn community make us. It is insulting that the non-profit sector will abuse social workers like that. But they do. It is called paying your dues.

I have paid my dues.

However, I bet I will have them reissued to me. Just funny to think I am spending so much money to get such a low paying job.

I am still very very tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


adopt your own virtual pet!