Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The fight against entropy


Still looking for a job…it blows…anyways
I am engaging in multiple projects with various successes
Most are garden related.
Leaves leaves leaves
Seeds seeds seeds (I am collecting them)

And weeds weeds weeds
The biggest weed I grow…is grass (no… not that grass!)
Grass is wonderful, it is soft, feels like a carpet, and has a pleasing green color…
Except when you have a little patch that is less than two feet wide.
I hated mowing that bit….the part that merged with the end of my drive way. I have stones for a driveway (I topped the original crushed stone with pretty river stones). The border between grass and driveway was always up for negotiation… And well…mowing over stones was always uncertain activity.

So…I am creating a path…
I have collected various natural and unnatural stone pavers. And don’t ask about the 500 hundred or so pounds of scrap granite I have that may have been legally or illegally obtained. (Okay…I live near a “removal” company that turns old concrete into fill… that happens to be down the street from a kitchen cabinet installer that disposes of 3-5 inch scraps of granite counter tops. I could not let it become “aggregate”).
Being wise and resourceful….I took my sometimes trusty rotor tiller (it is older than me!), primed it with starter (didn’t I say it was older than me?) and gave a good pull.
*putt putt* “”bbbrrrrrrggggggggg….pop...poop…snooze”
Crap, maybe it was too cold, try again.
*putt putt* “”bbbrrrrrrggggggggg….pop...poop…snooze”
Maybe it needs new gas (added one molecule….gas can empty).
One more try….
*putt putt* “”bbbrrrrrrggggggggg….pop...poop…snooze”
All of this effort, and I have a 1 foot hole in the middle of the targeted grass.
Ugh!
Armed with a shovel, a wagon and a dream…..
The grass is now gone!
(Photo of the grass that once was....long ago)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


adopt your own virtual pet!