Tuesday, July 08, 2008

It will rain soon....

The forecast declared a 40% chance of rain. I have just increased the probability two-fold by watering my garden. I also spread special hand dried poop upon the followers. I'll admit I have no idea if it is "hand dried." I am not sure how one normally dries poop...oh never mind. Between the natural mix of dried poop and other dead things, and miracle grow for the potted flowers and sad looking annuals...my garden had a feast.

I have things growing in my garden that I don't remember planting. Or if I remember planting it, I don't remember what it is.... I have pretty purple stuff growing. I was afraid my gaura had died, but they sprinted to the sky this week. I have big ass shasta daisies across the way from the wild ones I picked from a field. Of course, now I have snap dragons growing in the driveway.....

One of the interesting things that are popping up in my garden is......Corn! I have corn among the flowers. I think the squirrels planted it from my winter corn cob offerings. I have sunflowers from the bird feeder and some that traveled great distances. I am torn about pulling up the corn.

The most strangest thing happened today. My neighborhood does not have many cats. However, in the last few weeks I have seen two scurrying about. One as black as night, and one with patches of white, black, and grey. Well both decided to have a stand off in my flower bed. I heard the baby-cry screams, and watched with great interest from my window. They wrestled each other to the ground, and rolled together in somersaults. Interestingly how they butt heads together in an almost intimate fashion before beating the crap out of each other.


I am off to bed...is that thunder in the background?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


adopt your own virtual pet!