Wednesday, June 18, 2008

*****YAWN****


New job, started today. The life of a temp. I call for a job, in the three hours one is selected. I am "Bob" from accounttemps.
I have been sent to a law firm *****cringe*****
I dreaded starting. I hate new beginnings, and lawyers are just not me.

I am temping at a law firm. I guess it is okay, as it is in an old big pretty house, oh...it is on the coolest street (Elmwood near Allentown) in Buffalo. Oh god, of the very few lawyers I know, I am now an employee of one. A local musician I know, also a lawyer. How funny. He looks kind of dorky in a suit.

I still generally dislike law firms. I guess the biggest thing is that lawyers seem to expect staff to lick their butt. I hate how lawyers have paralegals. It is like the doctorate with the associates degree assistant, as if the the difference in a degree make some serf kingdom. I think I have shown the head partner that I am capable (of accounting...I still can't remember any one's name or find the bathroom).

I kind of took a mental step back when I introduced myself as temporary accountant. I was "corrected" and told I was a temporary bookkeeper (the accountants were the people they hired to do the taxes). I can be whatever you want....

But I am an accountant, not a bookkeeper, thank you very much.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well kudos on your new job. Hope you like what I said a couple of posts back. Thinking of you on the desk is kind of amazing!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Ladyk73 said...

????? giggles (on the desk?)

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure on the desk and anywhere else around there. Would love it if you gad a little dress on you just to hike it up.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


adopt your own virtual pet!