Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Beginnings


I have begun my exploration
Into the realm of social policy
As I begin on my journey
To save the world

(As I begin grad school for social work)

I have begun my acceptance
That I will never be
As I once was
Life sustained through pharmacy

(As mental illness drags down my soul)

I have begun living in two worlds
One in which I fake my competence
And one in which I admit my defeat

I have begun the fight
To achieve stable cognitive abilities
While admitting my delusional emotional thoughts

5 Comments:

Blogger Spring, Ph.D. said...

Did I ever mention that policy is what I teach? I love policy! I think you will, too. I wish you the best.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dearest Lady K,

Admitting defeat is winning.

Faking competence means you're more competent than most because normally, competence CANNOT be faked. It takes a clever person to fake it more than even be it.

*S*

Kisses!
s2bh.
www.dungeon-love.com

8:35 PM  
Blogger Ladyk73 said...

Spring.....I hope your new job is going well...I already miss your blog. New job, new blog?

I think most of the class will hate the "history of social work" policy class. As I am more intuned to local politics (kind of neat to have a friend run for county legislature), I can see how things REALLY work.

And as I really want to be an advocate...I think I will enjoy it.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Ladyk73 said...

Slave2bholed:

It is so lovely for you to drop by.....I hope my confidence becomes real over time...

I talk alot in class (and there is a person inside that keeps telling myself to shut up)

I'll figure it out, I hope...

10:42 AM  
Blogger Spring, Ph.D. said...

Ooh, I love the history of social welfare course! Of course, it helps that I'm a u.s. history buff. Your awareness of local politics will help immensely in the analysis/advocacy course, which I also like.

The new job is challenging for sure.

I wound up not creating a new blog -- I just don't have the time to put into designing something new right now.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


adopt your own virtual pet!