Sunday, January 27, 2008

Nothing like an outdoor festival in the middle of winter!

Yesterday...me and the girls traveled to our neighbors to the north. We went to Niagara-on-the-lake in Ontario, CA. It was the Ice wine festival! We love it, and go every year. They carve the bar(s) out of ice. The main road is tied off and it is just lovely. Until very recently, there was not even a tent. After three years of 5 degree weather, they started pitching a tent.

I drank some ice wine!

Ice wine is a snob drink...at about $40-$80 a bottle (and a bottle of ice wine is tiny). It is like wine...but not really. It is thick and syrupy, like a wine cordial.

I am not a snobby wine drinker...but I love icewine. It is a snobby rich thing like caviar and fur coats and face lifts.

But, as the queen vineyard of icewine is just miles a way.....

I say cheers!

ICE WINE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


adopt your own virtual pet!