Thursday, September 04, 2008

By the way....

I LOVE my internship. I am interning with the discharge planning social workers in acute rehab. This is INTENSE acute rehab. I am interning at the local level one trauma center. We deal with alot of spinal cord injuries. A lot of other trauma, and people who were very very sick. A lot of emotions, activity, and healing happens on the ward. A lot of sadness, a lot of hope. I am able to check my life baggage at the door, and focus on the job.

Except when I nearly cry when I leave the room after talking to the patients who have endured so much.

It is a teaching hospital so it is amazing how many people I meet in a day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spring, Ph.D. said...

I'm so happy for you. Having an internship that you enjoy makes the learning process so much more meaningful.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


adopt your own virtual pet!