Monday, April 14, 2008

Today...of all days...

Someone commented on my blog:


Anonymous said...
Ethically, someone feeling like you do, should really not be in the mental health profession - at this time! Until you receive some, what seems to me, much needed help! Your teacher, despite seemingly well-meaning and boosting your self-esteem and possibly telling the truth, did not give you the best advice, if what you said he said is indeed all he said:)
I don't know how old your comment was, but I pray you will find the help you need and "do no harm" in the meantime to self, clients, and the mental health profession!
12:13 PM


I found it very interesting that this comment was posted today. I had a really bad day. And look! Someone thinks I am morally corrupt!
So having a mental illness means I am unethical?
Who the fuck are you? It must be easy to write such a patronizing comment while hiding behind the veil of Anonymous.

I do question myself nearly everyday whether I should be doing this. I have brought it up with my field educator, some professors, my psychologist, and my psychiatrist. I have been told on multiple occasions that I am talented and professional. However, I recognize my own issues and choose not to ever do individual therapy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spring, Ph.D. said...

What is that line we use for anonymous comments?

Don't feed the trolls!

Basically, ignore the twit. I know...easier said than done.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


adopt your own virtual pet!